§ 1 Information about the collection of personal data
(1) This document is to inform you about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data pertaining to an individual, such as name, address, e-mail addresses, or user behavior
(2) The controller, pursuant to Art. 4 Clause 7 EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), isBrabender Messtechnik GmbH & Co. KG
Tel: +49 (0)203 99819-0
You can contact our data protection officer at:
AGAD Service GmbH
Tel: 0234 282 533 20
(3) When contacting us via e-mail or via a contact form, the data you communicate (your e-mail address and, if applicable, your name) will be stored by us so as to enable us to answer your questions. Further information is provided on a voluntary basis and merely serves to facilitate our contact to answer your query. All data collected in this context will be deleted as soon as it is no longer required. If legal archiving duties apply, we will restrict processing. Legal basis is Art 6 I 1 b) GDPR.
(4) Any circumstances under which we commission processors to execute individual functions of our offer or might wish to use your data for commercial purposes are described in detail below. We will also indicate the stipulated archiving periods.
§ 2 Your rights
(1) With regard to your personal data, you have the following rights:
- right of information,
- right of rectification or erasure,
- right of restricted processing,
- right of objection against processing,
- right of data portability.
(2) In addition, you are entitled to file a complaint with a data protection authority concerning our processing of your personal data.
§ 3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) If you visit our website for information purposes only, i.e., if you don't register or otherwise submit information to us, we will only collect the personal data your browser transfers to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the data detailed below. This is technically required for you to be able to view our website and to safeguard its stability and security (legal basis: Art. 6 Clause 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR):
- IP address
- date and time of your request
- time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- content of query (page)
- status of access / HTTP status code
- transferred data volume
- website issuing the request
- operating system and surface
- language and version of browser software
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies will be stored on your computer when using our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard disk and allocated to your browser. They transfer certain information to the originator of the cookie (in this case, us). Cookies cannot execute programs or place viruses on your computer. Their purpose is to render our Internet service more user-friendly and more effective.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, whose scope and functions are explained below:
- transient cookies (cf. b)
- persistent cookies (cf. c)
b) Transient cookies will be automatically deleted when you close your browser. These include session cookies. Session cookies store the session ID, which serves to allocate various requests your browser issues during a session. They enable recognition of your computer upon your next visit to our website. Session cookies will be deleted as soon as you log off or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies will be automatically deleted after a given time period, which may vary, depending on the cookie. You can delete cookies at any time via your browser’s security settings. Persistent cookies are used to save settings made by them. Your settings, which you have declared via the cookie banner, will be also saved via a permanent cookie. In general, we use persistent cookies to save the settings you made on this website. Such cookies are generally provided with an expiration date, after which they are deleted.
d) Our cookies are provided with different storage periods. We only keep cookies as long as necessary to maintain our services.
e) You can configure your browser settings according to your preferences. For example, you can reject all or third-party cookies. Please note that, in this event, you may not be able to access all functions of this website.
f) In addition to the cookies we need to run the site and provide our services, we would like to collect more information to improve the use of our site and to display content that suit your needs. For this, your consent - which of course you can revoke at any time – is required.
The procedures and how these work are defined in the relevant sections of this statement.
§ 4 SSL or TLS encryption.
This site uses SSL or TLS encryption for security reasons and to protect the transmission of confidential content, such as orders or requests that you send to us as the site operator. You can recognize an encrypted connection by the fact that the address line of the browser changes from "http://" to "https://", and by the lock symbol in your browser line..
When SSL or TLS encryption is activated, the data you transmit to us cannot be read by third parties.
§ 5 Other website functions and offers
(1) In addition to providing you with information, our website offers various services. To use these services, you will, generally, have to enter additional personal data as required for us to provide the respective services. This data is also subject to the aforementioned data processing principles.
(2) We sometimes use third-party service providers to process your data. We carefully select such providers, they are bound to our instructions, and they are monitored on a regular basis.
(3) We may also transfer your personal data to third parties if promotional activities, prize competitions, contract conclusions, or other services are offered jointly with our partners. You will receive detailed information upon entering your personal data or in the description of the respective offers below.
(4) If our service providers or partners are headquartered outside the EEA (European Economic Area), you will be informed of the consequences in the description of the respective offers.
§ 6 Objection to or revocation of consent to the processing of your data
(1) You are free to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time. Such revocation will impact the reliability of the processing of your personal data once it has been issued to us.
(2) To the extent that the processing of your personal data is based on the balancing of interests, you may object to the processing. This is the case if the processing is not required to execute a contract we may have with you. Please refer to the descriptions of the respective functions below for details. Should you object to the processing of your personal data, please indicate the reasons why you do not wish for your personal data to be processed as commonly practiced by us. In the event of your justified objections, we will examine the situation and will either discontinue/adapt the processing of your personal data or explain our compelling and justified reasons why we will continue to process your personal data.
(3) As a matter of course, you may object to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes at any time. To object to the processing of your personal data for advertising purposes, please contact us at:Brabender Messtechnik GmbH & Co. KG Kulturstraße 73 D-47055 Duisburg Tel: +49 (0)203 99819-0 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
§ 7 Newsletter
(1) You may opt to subscribe to our newsletter, via which we will inform you about our current offers. The goods and services promoted are listed in the declaration of consent.
(2) We use the double opt-in procedure for subscription to our newsletter. This means that, after registration, we will send an e-mail to your e-mail address, asking you to confirm that you have actually subscribed to our newsletter. Should you not confirm your subscription within 24 hours, your information will be blocked and automatically deleted after one month. In addition, we will store your IP addresses and the times of registration and confirmation. Via this process, we will be able to substantiate your registration and, if necessary, investigate any misuse of your personal data.
(3) The only mandatory fields for newsletter subscription is your e-mail address. Any additional information is provided on a voluntary basis and will be used to personalize our communication. Once you have confirmed your subscription, we will store your e-mail address for newsletter distribution purposes. The legal basis for this transaction is Art. 6 Clause 1 p. 1 lit. a GDPR.
(4) You may revoke your consent to receive our newsletter and unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time. You can click on the link provided in each newsletter, send an e-mail to email@example.com or communicate to the contact information indicated in our disclaimer to unsubscribe from our newsletter.
(5) For sending our newsletter we use Newsletter2Go, which is operated by Newsletter2Go GmbH, Berlin, Germany. For this purpose, your data is also stored by Newsletter2Go. Newsletter2Go offers evaluation options on how the newsletters are opened and used. Your data will not be passed on to other third parties for the purpose of receiving the newsletter and Newsletter2Go does not obtain the right to pass on your data.
(6) Newsletter2Go will neither access the newsletter recipients' data nor use it in any other way. The newsletter tool analyzes the reach of the respective newsletters to ensure that the mailings actually reach the recipients. The individual behavior patterns that can be recognized in the process are only used for a statistical evaluation of the newsletter success and are under no circumstances passed on to third parties or used for other purposes.
§ 8 Marketing
We also process personal data for the purposes of online marketing with the services described below. We use these services to improve and increase the usability of our website.
In addition, our legitimate interests regarding Art 6 I 1 f) GDPR comes into consideration as a legal basis. It is our financial and economic interest that we provide the most attractive homepage for our users and customers.
Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called cookies. They are text files that will be stored on your computer and enable an analysis of your use of our website. The information on your use of this website generated by the cookie will, as a rule, be submitted to a Google server in the USA, where it will be stored. If IP anonymization has been activated for this website, Google will abbreviate your IP address in all EU member states as well as in member states of the European Economic and Monetary Union prior to submission. The full IP address will only be submitted to a Google server in the USA and abbreviated there in exceptional cases. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports about website activities, and to provide other services in connection with the use of the website and the Internet on behalf of the website operator.
(2) The IP address transmitted by your browser in connection with Google Analytics will not be combined with other Google data.
The cookie set by Google will be stored for 2 years, then will be deleted.
(3) You may set your browser software to prevent cookies from being saved.Please note, however, that you may not be able to make full use of all website functions. In addition, you can prevent the data generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) from being collected by Google, as well as the processing of such data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available via the link below: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension ”_anonymizeIp()“. This means that IP addresses will be processed in an abbreviated form and cannot be traced back to an individual. If your data can be linked to your person, this connection will be prevented and your personal data will be immediately erased.
Click on the link below to block data collection via Google Analytics. An opt-out cookie will prevent the collection of your data in the context of future visits to this website:
Manage cookie settings.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyze and optimize the use of our website. The statistical data will help us to improve our offer and make it more attractive to you, our users. For the exceptional cases where personal data is submitted to the USA, Google has acceded the EU-US Privacy Shield: https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. Google Analytics is used on the legal basis of Art. 6 Clause 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR.
Use of Google Adwords Conversion
(1) We use Google Adwords to draw the attention to our attractive offers on third-party websites. We use the advertising campaign data to evaluate the success of the individual campaigns. We intend to only show you advertising that might be of interest to you, in order to make our website more attractive to you and to achieve a fair calculation of advertising costs.
(2) The advertising tools are provided by Google Ad Servers. We use Ad Server cookies to measure certain success parameters, such as fade-in of advertisements or clicks by users. If you access our website via a Google ad, Google Adwords will place a cookie on your device. These cookies are generally no longer valid after 30 days and are not aimed at identifying you. The parameters stored in connection with these cookies are usually the Unique Cookie ID, the number of Ad Impression per placement (frequency), the latest impression (relevant for post-view conversions), and opt-out information (information that the user no longer wants to be contacted).
(3) These cookies enable Google to recognize your Internet browser. When a user visits certain pages of an Adwords customer's website and the cookie on the user's device is still valid, Google and the customer can see that the user has clicked on the advertisement and has been routed to the respective page. A different cookie is allocated to each Adword customer. Therefore, cookies cannot be traced back via Adwords customer's websites. We do not collect or process personal data in the context of the aforementioned advertising measures. Google merely provides us with statistical evaluations. These evaluations serve to identify the effectiveness of the respective advertising campaigns. We do not receive any other data from the advertising tools, and we cannot identify any users by means of this information.
(4) Under the respective marketing tools, your browser will automatically establish a connection to the Google server. We have no control of the scope and further use of the data collected by Google via this tool. Our information to you, therefore, reflects our current knowledge. Via the integration of AdWords Conversion, Google is notified that you have accessed the respective part of our website or that you have clicked on our advertisement. If you are registered with a Google service, Google can allocate your visit to your account. If you are not registered with or logged in on Google, the provider may still identify and save your IP address.(5) There are various ways in which you can prevent participation in this tracking process or withdraw your consent: a) change your browser settings. Suppressing third-party cookies will prevent third-party advertising; b) deactivate cookies for conversion tracking via your browser settings; “www.googleadservices.com” can be blocked: http://www.google.de/settings/ads. This setting will be deleted when you delete your cookies; c) deactivate the providers’ interest-based advertisements, which form part of the “About Ads” self-regulation campaign, via http://www.aboutads.info/choices. This setting will be deleted when you delete your cookies; d) permanently deactivate Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Google Chrome in your browser via http://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin. Please note that, in this event, you may not be able to access all functions of this offer. You can also object to the data collection by clicking on the following link, which prevents the evaluation by Adwords Conversion and revokes your consent:
(6) The legal basis of the processing of your data is your consent Art. 6 Clause 1 Sent. 1 lit. a) GDPR. Please find further information on Google data protection at http://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy and https://services.google.com/sitestats/de.html. Alternatively, visit the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) website at http://www.networkadvertising.org. Google is registered under the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
(2) There are various ways in which you can prevent participation in this tracking process or withdraw your consent: a) change your browser settings. Suppressing third-party cookies will prevent third-party advertising; b) deactivate cookies for conversion tracking via your browser settings; “www.googleadservices.com” can be blocked: http://www.google.de/settings/ads. This setting will be deleted when you delete your cookies; c) deactivate the providers’ interest-based advertisements, which form part of the “About Ads” self-regulation campaign, via http://www.aboutads.info/choices. This setting will be deleted when you delete your cookies; d) permanently deactivate Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Google Chrome in your browser via http://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin. Please note that, in this event, you may not be able to access all functions of this offer. You can also object to the data collection by clicking on the following link, which prevents the evaluation by Adwords Conversion and revokes your consentManage cookie settings.
(3) The legal basis of the processing of your data is Art. 6 Clause 1 Sent. 1 lit. a GDPR. Further information about DoubleClick by Google can be found at https://www.google.de/doubleclick and http://support.google.com/adsense/answer/2839090; General information about Google's data protection policy can be found at https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Alternatively, visit the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) website at http://www.networkadvertising.org. Google is registered under the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
§ 9 YouTube
(1) We have embedded YouTube videos on our website. They are stored at http://www.YouTube.com and can be accessed via our website. They are included in the “extended privacy mode”, i.e., no user data will be transferred to YouTube unless you play the videos. If you play the videos, the data listed in Clause 2 will be transferred. We have no control of this transfer of data.
(2) Your visit to the website will trigger the notification to YouTube that you have opened the corresponding subsite to our website. Only the data listed in § 3 of this Statement will be transferred, irrespective of whether YouTube provides a user account via which you log in, or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in on Google, your data will immediately be allocated to your account. If you do not want your data to be allocated to your YouTube profile, please log off before activating the button. YouTube will save your personal data as user profiles and use it for advertising or market research purposes and/or the user friendly design of its website. Such data use is, in particular, intended (even for users that are not currently logged in) for the selection of tailored advertising and to inform other social network users about your activities on our website. You may object to such user profiles being created. Click on the link to block data collection:
(3) Please refer to the YouTube privacy statement for details concerning the purpose and scope of data collection as well as data processing. You will also find further information concerning your rights and setting configurations to protect your privacy: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy andhttps://policies.google.com/technologies/types?hl=de. Google also processes your personal data in the USA . The legal basis for the implementation of a data transfer is your express consent in accordance with Art. 49 I 1 a) DS-GVO.
§ 10 Google Fonts
This website uses Google Fonts of Google Inc. Google Fonts is used to display text and fonts provided by Google. In order for these fonts to be available for a variety of pages, Google makes them available on their servers when the page is accessed. When using Google Fonts, the user's IP address is transmitted to the Google servers when the page is accessed and the information on the fonts used is transmitted. This may result in the transfer of data to Google's servers in the US. Font-related information is cached in the browser.
We integrate Google Fonts in order to make our website more appealing and visually uniform. The legal basis of the data collection is Art. 6 Clause 1 Sent. 1 lit. f GDPR. Google is registered under the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de. For further information about how Google processes date, please refer to the Google privacy statement https://developers.google.com/fonts/faq.