Anisothermal stress relaxation test for characterization of elastomers and determination of crosslinking density
The TSSR-Meter can be used to perform conventional isothermal relaxation measurements as well as Temperature Scanning Stress Relaxation (TSSR), an anisothermal stress relaxation measurement method (AISR method).
With the ever increasing demands on materials, the determination of crosslinking density is an important advantage, and therefore the TSSR meter is particularly suitable for material development and quality control during production.
- Software – Measurement and evaluation software with automatic test execution, live data display in real time and automatic evaluation and storage
- Speed – Low test and time requirements (4h TSSR vs. 72h DVR)
- Temperature limits – Define three distinct temperature limits in the relaxation spectrum – additional temperatures possible
- Patented test method – developed at the Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences under the direction of Prof. Dr. Vennemann
TSSR-Meter – fields of applicationThe TSSR meter is used in many areas where mechanical-thermal properties are to be measured and verified.
- The determination of the cross-linking density offers advantages in the development of new materials and quality assurance.
- The compression set value can be predicted from the limit temperature using a linear correlation.
- Better delimitation of application areas of TPE compared to carbon black filled elastomers
- Gain additional information for carbon black filled EPDM compounds by anisothermal stress relaxation curves.
- Represent thermal application limits of commercially available TPE materials and characterize different TPE blends with relaxation spectra.
- Individual materials can be assigned to product groups using the TSSR index determined.
TSSR-Meter – Specifications
|Messsystem||Heating / cooling chamber with electric heating and air cooling
Temperature range 20 – 300°C
Heating rate 0 – 4 K/min
Traverse, parallel and without backlash
Strain 0 – 100%
Force load cell 0 – 200 N
Isothermal relaxation time 0 – 1000h
|Test body||Test body Standard rod S2 rod according to DIN 53504
corresponds to test body 5A according to EN ISO 527
|Connections||PC via USB
Compressed air 5 – 6 bar
|Enviormental conditions||Storage temperature -25°C to +55°C
Operation temperature +5°C to +45°C
|Heating rate||2 x 220 W|
|Power supply||1 X 230 V, 50/60 Hz, 16 A + N + PE|
|Dimmensions (W x D x H)||490 * 610 * 450 mm|